Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Welcome back to the show

I haven't mustered up the energy to crank out a blog since October 21, 2012. Some 465 days ago. Boy were times different.

The Red Sox had fired Bobby Valentine just weeks earlier. There was an NHL lockout. I was a senior in college. I'm a senior in college, again. The Red Sox wound up winning the World Series this past year. Aaron Hernandez was revealed to be a homicidal maniac. Eli Manning has thrown more interceptions than any other quarterback since that date....

I'm not here to make excuses. I went all out on the radio thing, and continue to do so. I still get my sports (and various other) thoughts out there on twitter (@levman90 if you don't already). But I've gotta admit, I've been missing this blogging thing. And recently, within the last few weeks especially, I got that itch. That itch Brett Favre would always talk about. A comeback.

Let's consider this a "re-launch" than simply a "comeback," as I haven't faded totally from the public view. You'll still get the hot takes the Jake Levin Experience was once known for, but we gotta tidy things up a little this time around. I mean who knows, I'm allegedly four months away from getting a "real job." So you'll see the occasional dalliance into some PG-13 humor, but this is, for all intents and purposes, a showcase for what may be to come a few months from now.

As we re-launch the brand as "LeviNation" (pronounced Levin Nation), I wanna thank the fans who have long clamored for this day. All six or seven of you. Here we go...

I didn't have quite as long a drought as the Cubs, but it sure felt like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment