Monday, January 31, 2011

Ramblin' Man: 1/31/11

Jesus I haven't posted in 8 days? My sincerest apologies Experience fans. Alright:

So like I said, it's been 8 days. But I went 2-0 on Championship Sunday to even my playoff record at 5-5, with
a chance to finish above the hallowed .500 mark if I can get the Super Bowl right.

Who do I like in the Super Bowl? I haven't made an official pick yet, but I'm definitely leaning Packers. At least for now.

Maybe I'm just scared that if the Steelers do win, Roethlisberger will tie Brady at 3 rings apiece. But the worst part of that is that Roethlisberger will have won all of his after Brady's most recent. Last thing we need right now.

Ok, a win in January can never atone for losing Game 7 of an NBA finals. But just remember this: With the Pierce/Garnett/Allen/Rondo/Perkins lineup in tact, the Celtics have never lost a playoff series. Look it up: they're 7-0.

By the way, Paul Pierce is still the Celtics best player.

It's all a moot point now since he made it, but if any of you caught the end of the Miami/OKC game yesterday, LeBron passed up a wide-open look at a potential game-winner, instead deferring to former Celtics' hero Eddie House. Since House made it, I doubt the deferral by LeBron makes it on to Around the Horn or PTI today, but it still warrants mentioning. Think Kobe passes up that shot? Think Jordan does? Hell, does Dwyane Wade give it up for Eddie House?

NHL All-Star Game yesterday: Great TV

NFL Pro Bowl yesterday: Not-so-great TV

The NHL All-Star fantasy draft was a huge success. Mr. Irrelevant? Phil Kessel. 19 goals, and a -19 rating so far this season.



A little surprising the Eagles decided to franchise Mike Vick rather than sign him to an extension, especially considering they're looking to trade Kevin Kolb now. I realize the labor situation may have played a role in the decision, because who knows if there will even be a franchise tag in the new CBA, but wouldn't it be smarter to commit to Vick long-term rather than just one year if they're going to trade Kolb? Not for nothing, Vick is going to be 31 by the time training camp rolls around. So I can also see that side of the logic by giving him just a one year deal for now. Philly made the right decision in trading Donovan McNabb this past off-season, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment