Sunday, January 23, 2011

Championship Sunday: The Picks

What should I be more upset about? The fact that the Pats are done? Or my despicable 3-5 record on picking games so far this post-season? I'll need to run the table to finish above .500. Not the kind of stress I need as I decide who to root for today between the Jets and Steelers.

Do I root for the loud-mouthed, obese coach with a foot fetish? Who employs Bart "Days are Numbered" Scott? And Braylon Edwards, he of the DUI earlier this season? Or LaDanian Tomlinson, who's quick to point out, "the Patriots have absolutely no class, and I think it comes from their head coach"? And Mark Sanchez, pride of Mexico?

Then again, the Steelers quarterback is just as good at eluding blitzes as he is eluding law enforcement when it comes to raping chicks. But Mike Tomlin, the Steelers coach, is one classy individual, I'll give it to him. So it's really a no brainer my allegiances will be with the Steel Curtain. But who will actually win that one?

I'm not taking anything away from the Jets after embarrassing the Patriots last week, but you don't get to hang a banner for a divisional-round victory. And the way they acted in the aftermath, you'd have thought they'd just captured Super Bowl XLV. I feel like the Jets have ran out of gas, and frankly I couldn't be happier. Troy Polamalu will have at least one big play for the Steelers, be it an interception or a sack of sorts.

Steelers (-4) over Jets, 28-16


And apparently there's an NFC game today as well. I picked the Packers to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl before the season, and I see no reason to change that now. The name 'Rodgers' is about to become synonymous with 'Manning', 'Brady', and 'Brees'.

Packers (-4) over Bears, 35-20


C'mon, there couldn't be a Super Bowl QB match-up of Sanchez/Cutler.

No comments:

Post a Comment