Sunday, February 9, 2014

Top 10 Beatles Songs

This isn't your standard LeviNation blog but as I'm watching Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr dominate the Beatles's 50th anniversary of their appearance on the Ed Sullivan show, it's feeling mandatory I rank some of the Beatles greatest tunes.

Most of you who know me get that I'm a classic rocker by trade, somewhat of a Rolling Stones and Tom Petty fan, in particular. But the Beatles were the first classic rock act I really got into, so I'm returning to my roots with this one.

I'm no music critic so I'm gonna analyze each song, just give you a straight up list with no explanation, and then let the debate rage. I will say this though: I've always felt Sgt. Pepper's is a little overrated, and rank it no higher than the no. 3 Beatles album behind Abbey Road and the White Album.

Without further ado, the list:

10. Yellow Submarine
9. Love Me Do
8. You Never Give Me Your Money
7. Hello, Goodbye
6. Happiness Is A Warm Gun
5. Can't Buy Me Love
4. Let It Be
3. The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
2. Hey Jude
1. Golden Slumbers Medley

No comments:

Post a Comment