Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Randy Return?


Randy Moss wants back in. 
The vagabond wide receiver left the New England Patriots amid less-than-desirable circumstances last season, but seems to have discovered he never had it better. 
"If you're asking me where my heart and where I'm happy is, I love playing with Tom Brady. I love being coached by Bill Belichick," Moss said Wednesday on KFAN 1130-AM in Minneapolis.



Well I'll be. What a shocker. I mean we already knew he regretted leaving New England, that it was in many ways career suicide, but it's really reaffirming to the "Patriot Way" when someone comes out and says this in the midst of a lockout. 
Like Deion Branch before him, could Moss be the next wide receiver who flounders away from Foxboro only to undergo a Renaissance upon returning? I'd take Randy back. In a heartbeat. Would it be fair to expect the 2007 Randy Moss? Of course not. But tell me there's a deeper receiving corps than Moss, Branch, and Wes Welker, and that's before getting into the Hernandez/Gronkowski tag-team. 
No other coach in the NFL has been able to handle Moss better than Belichick. No QB has developed better chemistry with him than Brady. He knows that this is his absolute last chance to prove himself in the National Football League. He's also less than 100 catches away from 1,000 for his career, which would put him in an exclusive club only seven other receivers can lay claim to (Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Isaac Bruce, Tony Gonzalez, and Terrell Owens). Not bad company, right? Who knows, maybe Moss would even enter the Hall of Fame as a Patriot if this second stint goes down. So sign me up for Randy Moss, the sequel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment