Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Ramblin' Man

I haven't written a 'Ramblin' Man' piece since January. My apologies. Let's go:

-The Celtics may had lost two in a row heading into yesterday's game vs. Milwaukee, but it's safe to say any fears of a prolonged slump were put aside as they allowed a franchise-best 56 points to the Bucks. 56! I'm pretty sure I was on some Barker teams that scored more than that. In fact I'm positive. Moving on.

-Is it time to press the panic button with the Bruins? I still say no, but how on Earth do you blow a 3rd period lead to the Islanders? Come on now, this doesn't happen to Stanley Cup contenders in March. It was the first time all season that the Bruins had lost in regulation while leading after two periods.

-It's been one whole year, today, since Hingham's stunning upset of Catholic Memorial in the 2010 Super 8 Final. I'd be lying if I said heading into the Garden that day I expected Hingham to skate away with their first State Championship since moving up to the Division 1A ranks in 2002. But that's why you play the games. One of my biggest regrets is not coming back to call the game, instead just watching from the stands. But that was euphoria at it's finest. Had I called the game, I'm pretty sure I would've broken into an Al Michaels "Do you believe in miracles?" routine.

USA 4, USSR 3. Hingham 1, CM 0.


-So there's officially an NFL lockout. I still say there's football next year. Always been a glass-half-full kind of guy. Plus if there's no football, there's no fantasy football. And that's just a frightening thought.

-Quietly, the Miami Heat have won 2 in a row over Western playoff teams in the Lake Show and Grizz. Another huge test awaits tonight against the league-best Spurs. I'm willing to bet Tim Duncan won't cry if they lose.

-URI qualified for the CBI, which is basically the NIT for pussies. Whatever extends the Delroy James era, I guess. It's gonna be a brave new world next year without this Kevin Garnett-look alike.

Here's hoping the NBA is in no. 21's future.

-I'll be posting my bracket within the next few days, but how confusing is this "First Round" being just the 4 play-in games, and the "Second Round" now being what's usually been the "First Round"? Very confusing for people like myself. Stick to the old "Opening Round" that was used for the singular play-in game in year's past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment