Monday, May 2, 2011

Where you bin, Laden?

Everyone who knows me knows that I have absolutely zero interest in politics or anything of the like that requires deep intellectual thought. But that news last night, that we finally killed that rat bastard, piece of shit, turban-wearing fuck, that made me quickly forget about Paul Pierce's ejection and the Celtics' loss itself yesterday. It really put things in a deeper perspective. Sure, I'm upset that the Celts are in an 0-1 hole to LeBron. And I make it very clear on this blog every now and again that I hate LeBron James. But hate is all relative. Do I hate LeBron in the same way that I hate Osama bin Laden? God no. It's not even a normal comparison. And I mean that like if you hate them both in the same manner, you ain't normal, Jack. Do I hate the way LeBron flaunts himself like he's the King of the World? Yes. Absolutely. But that's a trivial matter in comparison to hating Osama bin Laden. It's "sports hate" I feel towards LeBron. It's a term used by Bill Simmons frequently in his work, and he's got it spot on. You only really hate someone who's been responsible for over 5,000 murders of innocent people world wide, including 3,000 on 9/11. If you're thinking of hating LeBron and Osama on the same plane, it's definitely time to re-evaluate your purpose in life.

Sure I was only 10 years old when 9/11 happened, but that day is as vivid as any other day in my life. Though I didn't personally know anyone who died on 9/11, I still took it in a personal manner. Since that day, I've been waiting for the ultimate demise of Osama bin Laden. May 1, 2011, is one of the great dates in American history, right up there with July 4, 1776 or August 9, 1945. There's work left to do, but till then and forever after, rot in hell bin Laden.

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention that Osama and Hitler died on the same day

    ReplyDelete