Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tonight's Pick

Saints (+4.5) over Packers


New feature for the Experience. I'll be making weekly football picks, keeping track of 'em, and come late December, I'll be able to use it all to prove myself a gambling savant. I mean hey, I fell ass-backwards into $1,000 just two weeks ago; I've gotta ride that hot streak, right? Or this could blow up in my face and I'll be mocked worse than after the Hingham-Xaverian game. One or the other.

Anywho no need to go into extravagant detail on why I'm picking the Saints tonight; I did that in yesterday's previews. For what it's worth, the defending Super Bowl champs haven't lost a season opener since the Broncos lost their first game A.E. (After Elway) way back in 1999. And perhaps no defending champ has come back so strong since the 2004 Patriots brought back the exact same team plus Corey Dillon. So there's a decent chance I'm way off here. But in the words of Kevin Kelly, gotta hunch, bet a bunch.

I'll be making the rest of my picks for Week 1 at some point tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment